I started this list on a Facebook post and decided to post it here so I can keep adding to it with my thoughts about Direct Mail – or yours if you want to contribute.
- You don’t have to endlessly keep up with website code updates.
- You don’t have to worry about people hacking your mail.
- There are no spam filters in a physical mailbox.
- The mail never goes down.
- If you have a good offer it will conservatively work 300-500% better via direct mail.
- There’s no better way to connect with a customer than with a hand-written letter or note. (Real hand-written, not SOC bullshit.)
- Your competitors cannot reverse-engineer your sales funnel with a few clicks of a mouse.
- There are no computer viruses to protect against.
- If you can make 1 sale per month per zip code at a meager $10 profit per sale, you can easily net $440,000 per month ($5.3M per year).
- Over 99% of commercial mail gets delivered to the recipient, compared to a generous estimate of 50% for commercial emails.
- Refund rates are much lower, as long as your offer isn’t crap. Chargeback win rates are also much higher.
- You can sell a $1000 offer to a cold list in 2 steps. You can’t do that online without an enormous amount of pre-framing, and that would make it a “warm” list thus would not be apples to apples comparison.
- Slow website performance before the sale can kill the sale. Slow performance in the mail before the sale is not even noticed.
- It’s normal to get orders from a direct mail campaign years later. With email, this is almost unheard of.
- With direct mail, “retargeting” is normally free and automatic for up to a year if a recipient changes addresses.
Note: All of the above is based on MY own experience using direct mail as 90% of my business model since 1999, and with special thanks to the 30+ years of experience from my trusted mentors who taught me how to do it the right way.
If you want to do direct mail right (that kinda sounded dirty) then head over to HybridMarketing101.com, where we’ll show you all the do’s and don’t do’s for the new Direct Response Marketing 2.0 way of winning with direct mail.
Lee CollinsAir Force veteran and former corporate VP, Lee Collins started marketing online in 1999. He is best known as an early pioneer of Direct Response Marketing on the Internet, but also gained recognition as the creator of Hybrid Marketing and Repeat Profit Systems. When Lee isn't helping his clients solve million-dollar marketing and systems problems, he enjoys time with his wife contemplating by a campfire, exploring a mountain or desert trail in his Jeep Gladiator, or planning their next epic BBQ roadtrip.
Use these small report ideas to pull new buyers into your sales funnel and then turn these little $7 tripwire sales into $47, $97 or even up to $1000 customers!Download These Tripwire Ideas Now